Lacken Stone™ Quarry has been in operation since the early 1920′s supplying the local thatched cottages with flagstone flooring and roofing for stables, some of which may still be seen in their original construction today in the local area.
The 1950′s and 1960′s saw a decrease in the popularity of the natural stone, with concrete and other man made products being in vogue at the time. However the late 1970′s and early 1980′s saw the popular return of natural products being used within the interior design and construction industry.
From the 90′s to the current day Lacken Stone™ has prudently invested in the business for it’s long term stability, significantly diversifying the companies product portfolio, markets and customers the business serves. This long term view of the businesses sustainability has ideally placed Lacken Stone™ to meet the current economic challenges of the markets we serve and has reinforced our position as a reliable, trusted supplier to our customers.